Twisted Hobbies Crack Pitts Bipe.

Well its been nearly a week since i built this my 1st 'kit' EPP model,the latest 800mm W/S EPP biplane from the Twisted Hobbies RC Factory.It all went together really well with two SG51R's,one SG91R,a Hobbywing 12Amp ESC and one of the new E-Max GT 2208/33 motors/GWS 8x4.3 SF prop,powered by 3s 500mAh loong Max Tipple cells.The kit came with everything other than electrics and some optional carbon landing gear which was all picked up locally at BRC hobbies down the road from me.Originally i had bought a clutch of 2s packs for power but quickly realised on the bench that 33w on 2s just wasnt going to cut the mustard with this motor...3s is the way forward with this set-up.

So after the recent howling wind and rain i managed to get a clear flight window tonight at around 9.45pm..surprisewow im so impressed! i have only ever flown my own built foamies from plans and this airframe is a revealation,it flies so well..excellent balance and extreme slow flight capability i found myself hovering with relative ease such is the performance envelope of this model,its handling is so solid that the first launch with the ailerons reversed diddnt even end in tears as i was able to gently bring it down to alter my radio and give her another go.

So 3 packs later,landing at 5 (safe) minutes and 3.8v per cell i have a major grin on my face with the stark realisation that i as yet just cant make an aircraft like the pro's-fantastic..im so pleased with my new model.smiley

m_001.jpg

m_002.jpg

m_004.jpg

m_005.jpg

Alexwink

Edited By English Bunt. on 02/07/2012 00:38:13

Advert

Ha ha! nice one Jimyes

Of course your right,the Gamine is my intro to balsa construction(when i can actually get to the kitchen table to do some more work on it)but i do have plans to build something really nice eventually-dare i say a sporty bipe of some sorts...two wings is better than one...is my way of seeing itcheeky

But this EPP airframe is just the next step for me right now as it flies much much better than my depron creations,and isnt so prone to hanger rash,im sure that it will bring my actual flying on in leaps and bounds too as it is just soooo capable-much more so than meembarrassed

Alex