Kyosho minimum

Dave Towell

Does any one  know how to fix a stalled servo or disconnected one on a kyosho minimum cessna.

It's the rudder one so need it as the sports hall isn't that long and don't want to keep hitting the wall.

It sound like its still working but  there is no movement of the rudder, if its not stalled but become disconnected how can i preform surgery on it with out destroying it?

Please any ideas to help fix it as its the best fun I've had indoor flying in ages.

Advert

Thanks I'll have a look sound obvious now you mention it.

I've been flying for 7 years and never had a servo fail (just lucky I guess). they must be making them better these days.

If you do any indoor flying these little minimums are a blast you get every thing for £65 including a 2.4GHz TX, Li-Po flight battery and charger and of course little 3 channel Cessna. And they fly really well. last indoor session we had about 15 of these flying at once in a gym. brilliant fun.

• 9 months later...
All this thread is well in the past, but as I have only just had problems with my Cessna Minium, I thought I'd ask a question. The rudder isn't working, but the servo motor is running continually as soon as you plug in the battery. Is this the RX or the TX thats gone? I'm reluctant to buy a new fuselage if the RX is the problem. The elevator still works. By the way, if the prop shaft breaks, replace it with a 1mm carbon rod. Works a treat. Guy ay Robot Birds told me that.

Hi Dave, The top is permanently off. The motor is continually spinning when you plug in the battery. Under an eyeglass you can see that the servo consists of a lead-screw, driven by the motor, and a 'follower', which travels back and forth along the screw, to which push-rod is connected. The servo motor, gears and lead-screw are all rotating- no slipping. It looks like the thread in the follower is stripped so that it doesn't move along the lead-screw when the screw rotates. It is possible to move the follower by hand to one end of the travel or the other, when the motor will stop. I couldn't add a photo here, so put it in my Gallery. ( click on the "9 photos" on the left) It shows the servo with the lead-screw and follower.

Sorry Idon't know what to suggest. looked at the photos and cant think any way to fix that.

I know you can get spare quite easily and they do a complet power tray replacements but i dont know how much they cost.

but i must admit if if was going to buy another indoor plane it would be the park zone  ember or vapor. have just seen them at the our latset indoor sesion and they are better than the miniums dont look as good but fly better.

Hi Dave, A complete power tray is in fact a complete fuselage ~ about £30 - £35. A lot to pay for a servo, especially when it was just a stripped thread in the follower. A spare follower would have been nice - would probably have cost 2p. However,a genius called Terry Adams, has fixed the servo. The lead-screw you see in the photo, is made of soft aluminium with a rolled thread. He oiled the thread and replaced the follower ( the internal thread had been completely stripped out) having added a drop of Isopon adhesive inside it.. When this sets, it has the thread form molded into the follower. He says that he could have used cyano to form the nut. I'm told that you should keep the servo greased. Thanks for your help. Will look at the Vapor and Ember. Ced