DB Sport and Scale Corben Baby Ace

Major

Hi all!

I just found out, that my female has ordered Corben for me as birthday giftcheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. (a bit early tho...).
You can see the product's page here - **LINK** . I wanted to build this one anyway, so I'm happy with purchase.

However, I never made anything bigger than Mini Tyro, also would like to make it scale, and of course got few questions:

*What covering would be the best for this one?? The full size original has fabric-covered fuselage and wooden wings, so for fus I'd use Solartex, but what for wings??

*What engine? I'd go for 4-stroke(OS.40FS) , but just wonder if some pertol engine would be ok?? Like NGH GT9 **LINK** It is not much heavier ?(about 100g), but CDI unit is what I dream of...

*Did anyone build this kit?? Any comments??

To me it doesn't look like hard project - simple wings, simple fuselage, by now I can't foresee any problems - well, I'll find out on Monday anywaysmiley ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page..

Cheers

Tom

Advert

Thanks Dale.

The model itself (especially on the first pic from DB's website) looks very nice and easy to build, but I did little research and my enthusiasm somehow dissappeared... Plane is just ugly like I don't know whatcheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page., but it's size compensates that a bit....

This is the particular image I had in mind... Here it looks very intresting, mainly thanks to colour scheme. I think of something simillar.

As soon as I get my hands on the kit, I'll start blog. I'd like to make it as scale as possible and I migt need some help with that... And we'll see what is gonna appear on the way...

Cheers

Tom

EDIT:

Kal, WOW, that's long, long time since we last met! The Spit was broken in total three times, but still flies perfectly, I can use it a  bit more than when You saw me flying. What about You?? How's F-22 and F-16??

Edited By Major on 04/10/2012 00:19:05

Sorry to interupt guy's but RE. Corben being ugly, surely this is subjective and in the eye of the beholder.(ok I have a passion inter war civil aircraft) and at least it has curves and character, just imagine powered flight was merely 30 years old and to design and build a lovley little thing like the Baby Ace which has no other function than pleasure is completely marvellous.laugh I for one cannot wait 'til your kit arrives and you start your build blog. I want regular reports with lot's of photo's please!yesteeth 2

Radge - thanks for input!

You see, I did a little research and have seen quite few of them. And what I noticed - "make or brake" in this case is just the colour schemecheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.. I've seen some really beautiful Babies, as well as PZL-104 Wilga(s). You are right here - for the kit plane, with bags of history, Baby Ace is fantastic.

Kit already on the bench.

Regards
Tom

Edit:

Kal - Raptor looks cool! C'mon, share the videocheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Edited By Major on 10/10/2012 11:07:49

• 3 months later...

Hey tapeandglue, welcome to the forum.

Kit is awesome, very good quality, no damages at all. No splitting wood, no broken plastics, just perfect. Entire kit is cut very accurately.

Manual - few pages with very clear instructions. I guess for modeller with few kits under belt it would do, but in case of any problems/confusion You could just e-mail DBSaS. They are very good, will help You with everything related to their kits.

In my opinion, it is worth the price. Very good value for money.