2 or 4 stroke

David Molineux

Advert

Most of todays ic engines are very reliable when set up correctley so its down to personal choise.

I have a yak fitted with a 32cc petrol but i am not keen on the note from the engine so i am thinking of changing it for a nice 4 stroke lump which will be more expensive to buy and run but in my opinion will sound so much better.

you pays your money and you takes your chance !

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to fly the hog today. It was great! Maybe a bit overpowered ( flies great at 1/3 throttle!) but certainly nice to have more than a five minute flight. And no hour long wait between not a huge fan of the oil all over the model afterwards but I suppose nothing's perfect.

once again, cheers for all of the great advice

Dave.

Hi David, this point is a bit late as you have bought a 2 stroke. Good choice. I agree with all what has been said above, one point has been missed. If you are learner you will crash like us all, and a 2stroke is much cheaper to replace if a very bad landing on a concrete run way was to occur. Astro Hog, great flier, one of my favourites. Cheers