Airbug

Gaz Elliott

Advert

Our club has a whole bunch of them (4 to 8) every indoor session. Tricky to manoeuvre but great fun. Current trick is to put a cheap gyro on board which really helps controlling it. Also putting a ripstock sheet material on the bottom helps too. Be aware turning quickly at speed can flip it over. Try to put the battery far forwards as possible too.

I'm currently making my own micro design from scrap material. Probably won't drive as well but just as fun!

Si.

I honestly can't remember the drive setup, but around 3000kv sounds about right for a small prop on a 2S pack. The one I looked at had a GWS 4inch diameter prop (pitch I can't remember - but I think around 3" so a 4"x3" prop). I think you can fit a 5inch maximum.

Weight I would think 150g absolute maximum. I'd say they probably more around the 75g-100g mark. Though, weight isn't a huge problem.

Here is a picture of the airskirt mod that quite a few of them had:

Flying Wings Airbug Skirt Mod

The material is standard ripstock as used on kites, parachutes, etc - came from a local kite shop. Apparently it helps the lift a lot and makes it run a lot smoother.

I know that John Stennard (from QEF&I magazine) has one, so you could always drop him an email for a bit more info on his setup - or I can ask him at our next indoor session on Sunday if you want.

Cheers,
Si.