Jemima Free Plan build

Eifion Herbert

Wow what great blog Eifion, throughly enjoyed your story of adventure. 

I have just built my Jemima after holding on to the plans for many years. I followed Stewart E's blog ad well.

I maidened my Jemima this week.  What a handful to start with ,I got got off the ground ok and managed to get some height up before some very interesting stunt flying occurred  Jemima started to pitch up in wild proportions. I have ne er struck this before. I ended up in a see saw of epic proportions.

Finally backed off all power and got into a nice glide,caught my breath and added power to gain height and it started all over again. Such fun!!

The old saying of being 2 mistakes high paid off for sure.

Powered off and she very sweetly glided in home for a slick landing.

Now I set the cg as per plans so I thought that should have been fine with the added weight of the 170gm lipo.

I checked the wing and tail incidence when I got home wing 3 tail 2 so close to the plans.

Down thrust as per plan.

Following day with a heavier battery and 20 gms of added weight I cautiously took off into the sky. The flight was much better and I trimmed her out so it was a much more pleasant experience, although she did pitch up suddenly a couple of times??.

The elevator is super twitchy so using very fine inputs. Again super smooth landing.

I will keep working on her, She sure keeps you on your toes. 

I was sorry to see you had a bad first flight, although that will be just a memory now for you.

Cheers Steve New Zealand 

20220612_193538.jpg

20220612_100456.jpg

Advert