Hobbyking's 30cc planes

All,

Been quite tempted by a few of the 30cc petrol aerobatic models sold by Hobbyking, had the Yak 54 3D in my basket for a while, which at $199 (DE warehouse) *£123, seem like a lot of model for the money.

I know some of these are clones or 'economy' versions of  Pilot RC, and other brands, but wondered if anyone has bought and flown one. £123 seems really good value if it flys well. On the otherhand, if its a pig then its alot of money to waste.

Any one got one (any of the 30cc range)

Thanks

Chris

Edited By Reno Racer on 30/03/2013 07:13:22

Advert

Some are good, some are overweight. I've got the cheaper sbach 30cc which is actually better than the more expensive one.
This thread on flying giants goes through both - http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77131

The lighter one is almost identical to pilot-rc - so much so in fact that their spare parts fit perfectly. The build quality is excellent, the only thing that lets it down is the furry ca hinges, aluminium spar, wrong sized undercarriage. All that can be easily replaced.

The heavier, more expensive one is ok but no where near as good.

So there are some gems on there, but do your research first. The yak 30cc with the carbon bits is supposed to be excellent. I just preferred the look of the sbach!

Si.