Won't go into programme

PB

I bought an 80A ESC from Giant Shark last year, downloaded its programming guide from the GS website, programmed it as I wanted it and it's worked faultlessly ever since with the 4s Lipo I programmed it for.

I now want to use this ESC in a different model with a 3s lipo, so as instructed in the guide I connected the motor and receiver to the ESC, switched the Tx on and set the throttle to maximum and then connected the battery. This procedure should put the ESC into programming mode, but it didn't. I've tried and tried with different receivers, batteries and transmitters to get this ESC into programming mode but it just won't go there. Even back in the original model with the original motor, receiver, 4s Lipo and Tx it won't go into programming mode.

Has anyone come across this problem before? Any advice/help/thoughts would be most welcome.

Advert

Well, what would I do without you folks!!!

Your'e right on the button Olly. I'd forgotten that quite a while ago I trimmed the throttle back a little - it doesn't take much to stop the ESC recognising full throttle does it - so that one's in the memory bank now !!

Thanks for your thoughts, Steve, it's a Spektrum actually. My next step was to use a separate Rx supply, but no need now thanks to Olly.