E-flite Edge 540 QQ

PaulC

Hello All,

My Son has an Eflite 540 qq that he is learning to fly with (his second plane) and is seemingly getting on great with it, however the motor is suddenly making some awfull scratching noises, we have well oiled it but to no avail, this is a motor that had maybe 5 hours total use! and would cost £34.00 to replace from Eflite. Have looked into getting an alternative but being newbies am finding it a little difficult. Motor is a 280 1800kv running a 6.8x3.5 prop with 3s 800 mah battery. Weight of plane without battery is approx 200gram.

Have sent these details to a motor supplier but he cannot confirm that his alternative motor would fit?

Am also wondering if the ESC has issues re scratching noises ? it is only 10 amp with seemingly not much room to enlarge.

Sorry to have gone on a bit, - any help greatfully received.

Paul

Advert

Hi Paul, I would try emailing Horizon Hobby UK, if the model isn't very old and if it hasn't taken a good knock on the nose I would think they might offer to replace it. I've had about 20 flights with my 540qq so far and no such noises.

When I first got it a couple of items were missing from the box so I emailed HH and they were nothing but helpful, dispatching the parts out to me the same day.

r.