What low wing sport plane?

liam bennett

Hello,

I used to be a heli flyer, i'm now into fpv quadcopters and flying planes los. I've been flying a parkzone decathlon, i'm confident in all orientations, inverted flat spins stalls etc and feel that now its time for a step up. I want a low/mid wing plane that i can build from a kit thats not scale and is electric as i feel a scale i could not do justice. I just cant find a sutiable kit?
cheers
Liam

Advert

Hi,

Size wize I'm looking fo 50" max as i want to be able to fly at a local field when I can't get my parrents to give me a lift down to my club. I should have also said i don't want it to be expensive (i'm only 14 with no support from parrents lol) so sub £90 the cheeper the better. That's for airframe only as i can find a few spare 9g savox servos from my heli days and i can always buy the rest. Also sturdy landing gear is a must as I can admit landing is my favorite part and my field is quite bumpy!

And thanks @plummet it's nice but oliptical wings are not my favorite due to their tip stalling tendances.

Cheers,

Liam

Posted by liam bennett on 18/08/2013 16:11:34:

Hi,

< snippety/>

...Also sturdy landing gear is a must as I can admit landing is my favorite part and my field is quite bumpy!

And thanks @plummet it's nice but oliptical wings are not my favorite due to their tip stalling tendances.

Cheers,

Liam

First point, then the gadfly may not be for you, as the wheels are rather small. Take off and landing may be a problem.

Second point. I am an inexperienced flyer, but tip stalling has not been a problem for me with the Gadfly.

Plummet

Thanks!

The wheels being small doesn't matter much as you can always put larger ones on. How aerobatic is it? Also how well does it manage the wind? I saw that it said upto 10mph but is that gusts or a steady 10mph?

Lastly what set up are you using and is the build eaisy for a first time builder.

Regards,

Liam

I cannot remember what motor I used. Its not big.

I remember that the build was easy - the parts fitted together like a jigsaw. I think that the only problem I had was that the plans were printed slightly off-size, so that the parts did not fit perfectly over the plan.

As I said above, it is a small plane, so probably not good for strong, gusty or turbulent winds.

Plummet