myhobbystore...problems anyone??

Foxfan

Hi all,

I have recently had a strange occurence with Paypal and myhobby store.

I paid via Paypal for some nickel silver wire from emodels, who I have used before for similar stuff, using their secure website shop.

No confirmation from them, but confirmation from Paypal that a transaction with myhobbystore has been completed.

Complaints to both have resulted in nothing from Paypal and a lot of pointless questions from myhobbystore, who appear to have had my money, but don't sell nickel silver wire. No further response!

I am completely satisfied that emodels never received the order, despite it being through their shop.

Has anyone else had their Paypal monies go to the wrong place?

Martin

• 3 months later...

Hi Martin,

Ah so its not just me then.

I'll tell you the whole story of my sorry order that has still to be completed.

Currently awaiting a ring back to see if it can be sorted . . . . its been going on now for several days and if I dont get this resolved then its going straight to BBC Watchdog!

Phil.

Hello again Martin,

Well at last it seems to have been resolved by a lovely lady called Amy who managed to cut through the problems and got it sorted . . . . so far!

Tips (and this may not be the same in your case). Generally Myhobbystore is set up to accept 1 voucher only on an order. My mates had bought me £100 for retirement but with 2 vouchers so I could not use them both on the order (until Amy came along). I have completed the transaction and received email confirmation so now all I can do is wait and hope. Prior to Amy, I had made 5 calls, left messages and emailed to no avail, not one answer.

By the way, yes I know retirement makes me sound old but I'm really only 20, its the outer layer that's wearing out!

Did you get your problem resolved? . . . .Ask to speak to Amy!

Oh, tip number 2 - when it says they are busy just hit redail I dont think there is a que its just a ploy as 0844 number is 5p+ per minute.

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the info, Amy is a real asset to our team so im glad she managed to sort this one out for you. I can only apologise that it took so long to resolve and we will of course be looking into why your messages were not returned as well as enabling customers to use multiple vouchers within one order.

Once again many apologies for the delay in resolving this issue.

Kind Regards

Cheryl