FMS 1400mm P-47 Thunderbolt

Rob Macskimming

Here is my first entry build log for you all to gander at as well as a quick weathering the jug set of images after the kit was built.

This company are just producing some amazing scale models out of the Epoflexy foam that has become really popular with electric R/C aircraft. The quality is in my mind amazing along with some excellent painted finishes. This is the way forward for me. I.C. engines are a thing of the past for me now. Kinda ironic as back in the day when electric was just coming into play with model aircraft, I wasn't interested as I thought it was a waste of time flying a model four about 3 to 4 minutes and then having to wait 16 hours until the battery charges. Well no more and I'm hooked haha

Anyway the P-47 is a smaller brother to the 1700mm Jug they do, but its still an awesome kit. This is still a big bulky model, but it goes together really quick and easy. Had a couple of minor issues with the build but nothing that a little head scratching didn't sort.

photo _MG_0001.jpg

This is how it looks inside the box. Nicely packed and secure ........and below all the parts spread out on the floor

photo _MG_0003.jpg

Edited By Rob Macskimming on 08/11/2013 18:26:03

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 08/11/2013 18:45:19

Advert

Hi Rob.

If it's anything like the 1400 Mustang, you will want to spend some time tidying the wiring up, as it resembles a bowl of spaghetti.

I took 2 x 6s balance leads, and from the Rx I had the male side for the port wing, and the female side for the starboard wing. I shortened all of the wiring from the Rx and soldered the male and female plugs to their respective wires. Then from the wing I again shortened all of the wiring, and added the opposite plug. Therefore I can never mistakenly fit the wrong wing to the wrong side of the Rx.

Rather than trying to work out which plug does what every time you go flying, it is just one plug for each wing, and all of the wiring is very neat and short. Believe me, even with all of the servo plugs marked or painted, it is still a PITA every time. It took an evening's work doing the soldering, but with the winter nights here now, what else have you got to do?

I put all of the powers to the red lead, and the next black was all of the negatives. The remaining blacks were signal leads. I got this tip from a flyer at our field, and I have 4 planes that use this method, all working absolutely fine.