Ollys Foam Wing Fing

Olly P

So I am almost finished building the new workshop, and therefore will be starting on the first project - having promised DA this would be the Foam Fing I simply must get on with it.

This will be a slow burn, there are several shed jobs still outstanding and then lots of DIY along with the normal calls upon my time, but I hope it will be a relatively quick build.

So having had a quick look while moving stuff into the shed, I have come up with a very quick concept design. This is a very rough and ready sketch in paint, and if I go for it will draw up some better diagrams and do some calcs to check positioning of things.

So Idea is a foam wing, with twin rudder arrangement on the TE, and elevator inboard/ailerons outboard. Inset will be either twin EDF's or twin props. will probably add a lower set of keel for landing on/holding to launch. The intent is to make it an indoor type model - an area i am lacking in ATM...

concept foamfing.jpg

As I say, concept only, I have had several idea's since I did this sketch a few minutes ago...

Will add more when I get started, but a fair way from picking up the scalpel yet....

Advert