Suitable wing section

Hi Guys

I want to dip my foot (very warily) into the world of slope soaring. I don't want to spend too much at this stage as I might not enjoy it (apologies to the slopenistas out there, but my thumbs are not as young and nimble as they used to be).

However I have an old Chris Foss Middle Phase fuselage that might do for a start, but I need to make a wing for it.

Can anyone provide info on a suitable wing section for sloping please?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Edited By Peter Ward on 07/02/2014 18:15:08

Edited By Peter Ward on 07/02/2014 18:15:37

Advert

I think the original Middle Phase wing might have been Eppler E205 which will work quite well at that size; I seem to remember that mine flew better after it was refurbished (with additional weight) and covered in Solartex, and it was a lot of fun with that wing.

If you're feeling adventurous then something like E374 or SD6060 will be faster, but not as good in light lift. Personally, I'd stay away from things like S3021 because if you get the leading edge right, they're very good but if you make a mistake with the shaping, they're not very good at all (dreadful, sometimes!).

Edited By Andy Blackburn on 07/02/2014 18:43:38