E-flite Blade SR

scott finnie

Hi all, i have just bought a second hand eflite blade sr, on arriving i noticed that part of the plastic coating on one blade had come away. I've now carefully cut it all away to leave the plywood/balsa blades. My question is can i fly without the plastic coating? I thought maybe its there for show but then again maybe to hold it together, i was thinking of spraying them with light varnish as the grain is nice. As you can tell i'm not a helicopter pro haha just bought this for a bit of fun whilst my lipos charge at the field,

Thanks,

Scotti

Edited By scott finnie on 13/02/2014 02:32:18

Advert

Difficult to say, I have a couple of sets of wooden blades on much more powerful engine powered 30s which are varnished uncovered, but thats how they were designed.

What do the joins feel like? Are there visible balance weights which uncovered might depart?? The sleeve provides impact protection and prevents or at least limits shards flying off in a hit.

I had a 450 fibreglass blade break in flight (no impact), the heli was more than 15 feet away, the blade part struck my leg and drew blood. there's a lot of inertia going on there!!