ClearView RC Simulator

Daniel Holmes

Hi there,

I stumbled on this simulator some years ago and downloaded the demo for free from http://rcflightsim.com/.  I then paid my life time fee of £20 and bought a USB lead for my transmitter.  I have been playing with it through out the last couple of wet months and found it particularly useful for learning the characteristics of each plane/heli which are quite comparable with real models.  You are able to set different flying locations, camera views, smoke, weather conditions and flying views as well as adding extra models with ease.

I have found it a great help for flying 3D and inverted and needless to say loads cheaper.

I was wondering how this sim compares with the mainstream contenders?

Check it out

regards

Dan

• 2 years later...
Advert

I have it and it is good. it can be downloaded from the web and you pay for the licence.
you can download extra models and some models from FMS work on it too (you may have to convert them) for the money it is very good more expensive ones are better but its just bells and whistels . ie it looks nicer on the more expensive ones but for basic monovers they will not teach you anymore.  you can try FMS for free its ok but the graphics are not great but if you can get your tx to work on FMS it will work on clear view.
I bought a cheep usb tx from ebay to work on the sim to save ware on my tx.

I have had mine for about 3 years now and upgraded for free as each revision is released.
There is a good range of models to fly and a wide range of flying sites though some 3rd party sites are a bit flaky.
I was working Ok on my aged Athlon PC but I have just tried it on my new 17 inch Intel i% lappy and it is great.
I use a cheap usb tranny too. A six channel one would be more fun than the 4 channel tranny I have.
Summery: Great buy at the price with friendly support from the company.

• 3 weeks later...