Lathe Work

Mounty

Advert

That is a very kind and generous offer indeed. Thank you Owen and Timbo. I am overwhelmed with the responses. I am glad I joined this Model flying forum. I have not started my project yet, as I have been otherwise engaged, but I have been collecting a few bits together in readiness for my retirement.

I am keen on building the Southerner 60 electric version, preferably with a wooden prop (vintage look), a missed boyhood dream, you could say. The thickness of the prop plus a suitable plastic spinner I have, plus the washer and nut adds up to 24mm from the flange. The motor shaft is 4mm dia. There seems to be a standard length for adapters, but they fall short of this. I have probably not done enough searching yet as I am just getting into computers with a new laptop, not too clever with photos etc., but learning.

If such an adapter is not available (it may well be), then I am happy to pay to have one made.

Thanks for your feedback, Rob