Bwlchzil 1-7 Germany

My 43" ME 109 had her Bwlch baptism today. And she flew surprisingly well! What a place though. I enjoyed the day with local Mark and Marcel who had travelled from Switzerland.

bb1.jpg Battle of the Bwlch

bb2.jpg

Mark prepares the Cappucino!

bb3.jpg

Slope soaring LOL...... Slope shredding devil 

bb4.jpg

Marcel and his homebuilt GRP Jart

bb5.jpg

An impressive soarer is an understatement when expertly piloted, as was the case with Marcel on the sticks

bb6.jpg

Back to the old school with balsa

bb7.jpg

Even more balsa in the form of a slightly modified P6

Edited By FWAL on 09/07/2014 19:30:55

• 7 months later...
Advert

I never doubted you Marcel! Hope you are well and you are managing to keep your thumbs nicely tuned. The Spit's haven't been built yet but Charlie is anxious to get into the cockpit of my latest Hurricane project which is still in the workshop.

charlie 1.jpg

OK Charlie's scale is a little on the big side, but doesn't he look at home.

charlie 2.jpg

My friend painted him and he always does an excellent job, just love the Aran jumper and Bomber jacket.

Edited By FWAL on 15/02/2015 11:17:42

Mark,

your Hurricane looks great, will it be ready for next summer? I hope I could make it to Wales again. Still have to ask my boss to give me 2 weeks of additional (unpaid) holidays.

Meanwhile, I keep my fingers tuned in the workshop as well (as long as my superglue does not stick them together), just received a bunch of CNC cut wing cores. Lots of glassing ahead...

Of course, last year I flew as much as I could. Some impressions from home (well, about 100km from home - still fifteen times closer than the Bwlch), how to make hiking trips more exciting due to the hiker's lifted c/g:

img_9444.jpg

and how it looks at 2000m AMSL:

p1100435.jpg

Surely this looks stunning, but I prefer the Bwlch type of flying. Thermals are not that reliable :-D

Tell the other Mark nice greetings as well!