RX/TX binding

I have a Hitec Aurora 9, had it for about 18 months, 1.9 firmware.

I'm very happy with it in general although I had to have a new mother board in July, problems with bugs by down loading from the internet so I was told?

I'm even happier having recently found a bit on YouTube that gave me the key to the more complicated progaming requirements in glider mode on the A9.

However, one issue I still have not been able to sort out . . . If I dont use a RX for 3 or 4 months, it 'requires re binding'. Not a major issue but I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiance with the A9?

. . . Not only did it cost me a new mother board in July, it cost me a new car as well.

I drove the 90 or so miles to J Perkins from my house, they did the job while I waited, great service. However, the traffic jams that I got involved in both ways at the Dartford crossing highlighted a serious problem with my left knee, boarder line, 'do I stop and ask for assistance'! I took delivery of a new automatic car a week ago, nice to have a 'new car' but there was nothing wrong with the old one, it was only 5 years old . . . frown

CJS

Advert

Hi Cliffird. I too am an A9 user,and with gliders too. I can't say I've had any problems with losing the bind as you've mentioned. If I've been binding a new Rx and held the button on the Rx down for too long, then I've lost the bind on all my other models, which was very frustrating at the time, but ive learned from my error now

Steve

A470soaring.blogspot.co.uk

Posted by Steve Houghton 1 on 08/10/2014 16:04:20:

Hi Cliffird. I too am an A9 user,and with gliders too. I can't say I've had any problems with losing the bind as you've mentioned. If I've been binding a new Rx and held the button on the Rx down for too long, then I've lost the bind on all my other models, which was very frustrating at the time, but ive learned from my error now

Steve

A470soaring.blogspot.co.uk

Hi Steve . . . Mmm, how long is to long? Maybe this is my problem?

Another point, the 'lose bind' is not confined to just Hitec RX;s.  For the Shadow that I'm currently fitting out I picked a universal FrSky RX, that was bound but never used 6 months ago, it needed rebinding yesterday before I could use it.

CJS (Cliff)

Edited By Clifford Stone on 08/10/2014 17:25:07

Clifford. Well, I thought the button had to be pressed until the RX light stopped flashing and became solid, but that isn't the case. You have to release the button immediately after turning on power to the RX, hold it down any longer and that is too long. You may have bound the RX you were just binding but you will have lost the bind to your other RX's.

Ouch!

I'm glad in most respects you like your Tx's, but that sort of bug/poor operation methodology just should not occur.

It just should not be possible to lose all while setting one, No Way!!!

If this is general, I suggest a loud campaign to get them to pay attention and fix it!!

I have been a modeller all my life, RC from 1969, stopped in 1996, then resumed 3 years ago. It has been very evident in the past 3 years that quality of modelling goods has gone down . . . don't seem to make any difference when you bring it to the retailers/sellers attention . . . no one cares?

I have just opened a 45mm Graupner folding prop spinner, cost £19 including postage, of the seven components, four don't fit!!! See what Puffin Models have to say to my email?

CJS

Well, I have to be fair to Puffin Models, their reaction to the poor quality Graupner Spinner was quick and personal with a phone call. In the mean time I have made it fit, never the less they are sending me an HM spinner as a replacement and recommendation . . . from that you can come to your own conclusions?

Thumbs up for Puffin Models.

CJS