Maestro by John Wilson, Falkirk

Philflyer

Hi Phil, I am really sorry to hear how your Maestro project ended. You must feel really gutted after all the work you put into it. After I discovered the Maestro forum I found your progress reports quite fascinating as the build progressed and I had looked forward to hearing of a successful test flight. Yes, a sad end to the project but as you say , "that;s life".

My commiserations,

John

• 4 months later...
Advert

Hi John, just found this pic while moving models out to my shed to free up the spare bedroom for my little one , it`s the pic you sent me to show me the Maestro before you dropped the semi kit off at AH Designs in Rhyl all those years ago. It`s your original prototype , according to the caption on the back . It reads Home brewed prototype " Maestro" by John Wilson.

Cheers ,

John Davies.img069.jpg

John. Thanks for posting this. A great design. My Mk 2 is still awaiting a board space. JW starred again and made a cowl and canopy for Percy Verance and myself after hearing of the disastrous maiden flight of my Mk1. I now have a new receiver and an ASP .90 ringed 2 stroke being converted to petrol. Your pic has stoked the fire again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there John Davies and Philflyer, it was good to see the Maestro forum come to life again. I would have responded sooner but before I could do so I finished up in hospital and am only now catching up on the clerical work. This time Phil I hope the maiden flight when it comes meets with more success than the last one. I will keep an eye on the forum for progress reports.

Phil, I see you've got your Tomahawk - very nice.

Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John. So happy to hear you again. It's taken me a while to reply because I've been very busy with work and now on holiday in Croatia. The Tomahawk in thie picture is look into the future as mine is still on the building board. I'm very pleased with the kit from BillKits though. Very complete and good value. I have bought the new engine for the Maestro, an ASP 90 ringed I am converting to petrol and that's going well. I'll keep you posted as things progress.