Mobius Actioncam extension lead

Hi Simon, I have a Mobius cam but don't (currently) use a power extension lead, only the charging lead or another one that lets me connect to my tablet for programming. However I have looked into leads and I'm pretty sure you can buy a "Plug in" lead that enables you to power the camera from your on board power pack as well as the ability to switch it on and off in flight via a spare channel. Have a look at the JOOVUE site, lots of info on there.

Posted by Simon Hall 2 on 18/03/2015 18:31:33:
Has anyone used one of these? It's quite cheap but means pulling apart the camera to fit. Not sure whether the hassle would be worth it.

I'm assuming you mean the lens extension cable? it looks like a clever mod & would mean you'd only need the lens rather than the whole camera outside the fuselage. you'd obviously still need to be able to access the camera body to operate the buttons though

it looks easy enough to do - just a few screws & ZIF connectors. there are plenty of how-to videos on youtube

Posted by andyh on 22/03/2015 17:44:12:
Posted by Simon Hall 2 on 18/03/2015 18:31:33:
Has anyone used one of these? It's quite cheap but means pulling apart the camera to fit. Not sure whether the hassle would be worth it.

I'm assuming you mean the lens extension cable? it looks like a clever mod & would mean you'd only need the lens rather than the whole camera outside the fuselage. you'd obviously still need to be able to access the camera body to operate the buttons though

it looks easy enough to do - just a few screws & ZIF connectors. there are plenty of how-to videos on youtube

Yes, that's the one. I was thinking maybe camera body tucked away under the canopy (I could sqeeze it in somehow) with lens attached streamlined to the fuse outside somewhere. That would be fantastic. I wonder if it has been done on a Radian?