Servo Twitch..

Stephen Tye

Am in Eastbourne. Range check was done, range is good. Am not convinced either. Will continue to check one by one possibility. Turns out crystals were correct so that wasn't problem, unless crystals damaged. both crystals on ch.66 one in TX has white tag, one in RX orange tag. one in TX was a dual conversion after all.. got spare receiver on way plus spare Crystals.. correct type. Will get to the route of the problem soon.

Advert

I'm using 35mhz primarily because the two planes i bought to begin the hobby came with that equipment, as the planes had been in storage a while. One built, the other still in the box to build. Also i understand 35mhz has longer range.. and i may be adding FPV equipment at a later date.

It's a learning curve, coming together gradually. Beginning with two high wing trainers and progressing to more advanced as well as trying out 2.4ghz later on. Obviously when you begin you want to fly spitfires etc.. but you can't... it's not that simple as you no doubt know. Club membership is fourthcoming and then the experience from there as well as here and personal experience should serve me well. Cheers!..

You say the equipment had been in store a long time, are you using the original Rx batteries? In the past I've seen the situation when batteries have gone 'bad' for want of a better term. They loose a large part of thier capacity and exhibit a much higher internal resistance. Even when fresh fully charged the effect is that when current starts to be drawn the voltage drops sufficiently (due to the very much higher battery internal resistance) to upset the Rx which causes the servos to 'twitch'. This then becomes a self sustaining effect.