gas oven disconnection

Gary Murphy 1

I need to move a floor standing gas oven while I have flooring laid,i have pull the oven out before and remember it has a flexi hose and what looks like a knurled round ring on the connector,is this a auto shut of valve which I can disconnect myself or is it a gas fitter job,i realise gas is not to be messed with but I am not I stalling just unconnecting a possible valve

I would assume that it is NOT an auto shut off valve but there should be a manual valve close to the outlet - if light the over and then close the valve you will a) burn any gas off b) ensure that when the oven goes out the gas supply is shut off

When you pull out the oven use something like a cable tie or twisted wire to lock it in the shut position while you are working

But if in ANY doubt whatsoever consult a gas fitter

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 30/03/2015 12:46:52

That sounds like a bayonet fitting, push it upwards and twist anticlockwise about half a turn as you would a light bulb, it does auto shut off when you remove the pipe, refitting is simply reverse of removal, push up twist clockwise until it stops

Edited By Codename-John on 30/03/2015 12:55:24

Edited By Codename-John on 30/03/2015 12:55:56