1/6 scale F4F Wildcat from Bob Karlsson Plans

Reno Racer

Since flying the pants off my PK Wildcat, I have long wanted to build a larger balsa/lying version for a small petrol engine, (OS 22GT) but found very little available less the Bates 1/5 scale ( too big and too expensive) and the German Fisher version ( far too expensive). I suspect the complicated undercarriage has put many kit manufacturers and ARF Companies off, which is a shame because the aerodynamic configuration makes for a well balanced and easy to fly warbird.

I'be just order the plans for the Bob Karlsson Wildcat at 1/6 scale (73" span) and the accompanying plan for the undercarriage. Beyond some US forums claiming its a complicated and unorthodox build, I can find little info in this kit, only that when Bob first flew his version in the 70s at scale events, it was well received. I don't mind a complicated build, it will be on the bench after a Philip Noel Mirage 2000c ( modified from turbine to 90mm EDF).

Can anyone help with info??

I have a kit version of the LX 1200mm span foamie version with undercarriage and folding wings arriving soon as inspirationwink

Edited By Reno Racer on 30/03/2015 20:21:42

Edited By Reno Racer on 30/03/2015 20:25:07

• 1 year later...
Advert