Flight simulator for Mac???

JohnnyB

Hi everyone,

Well, I have just bought an iMac computer and I was hoping to invest in a good quality R/C simulator to use with my new acquisition, but having already spent sometime looking on the inter web,I have drawn a complete blank!

Does anyone know of such a simulator that will happily run on the Mac OS X 10 9.2? I'm beginning to despair!!!

John.

Hi Ben and WolstonFlyer,

Thank you both for your replies, they have been most helpful. It certainly seems to be my only option in this case but at least it does seem to be a good product too!

Thanks again to you both,

John.

Hi JohnnyB, I've used various versions of Aerofly on my iMac, it's pretty good.

Another option if you have VMware Fusion or Parallels is to run something like Phoenix inside a Windows virtual machine, it doesn't require rebooting or installing windows on your hard disk, it's all self contained inside a special folder on your Mac. This is what I do now, Phoenix runs nicely inside Windows 7 inside VMware.

Thanks for the link WolstonFlyer!

£29.99 and a 90 minute download, later, I'm running it on my laptop. Fortunately, I had a PPM/USB Tx from an earlier simulator.

Aeroflot looks neat and, at first glance, the physics might be a little more realistic than Phoenix (run on old XP desktop).

An interesting experiment was to "beam" it from the laptop to my TV set. It works and looks very real on the larger screen, but my kit needs obviously more grunt as the latency and refresh rate made flying rather hairy!

So, +1 for Aerofly.

XK50

• 3 years later...