A bit old school Tony and increasingly hard to source spares. You don't see many around these days but they rocked when they were new.

Are you looking a the one on e bay a while back. Strikes me he wanted a lot of money compared to what you can get for the same these days.

Andy

Out of interest i ask the guy a question about the plane a while back. Seems like it is fitted with stadard sized servos in the wing!

Don't know if you are intending to actually do f3b, but you could looks at something like an acacia 2 (for slope work).  

Keep your eye on  the f3f yahoo group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/F3F/ models come up sporadically.

• 1 month later...
I fly a Calypso, coincidently bought a few years ago through eBay. Its lovely to fly, although, as Andy suggests, the keener flyers have moved on. Mine is battered by the years, but the price made it an easy choice for a first all moulded model, one that hones the skills without breaking the bank. Don't hesitate, when the price is right, these older models fly almost as well as they did when new, and for a newcomer to this type of flying, you're not going to notice any difference. Its like buying a Jaguar E-Type rather than a recent Mercedes SL, we know its not going to work quite as well, but you'll still get a huge amount of pleasure from owning and using it.