EMAX CF2805 motor ?

My EMAX CF2805 motor is not working with a SP 18A ESC, Turns About 2 turns a second vibrating like hell (It won't speed up at all ?)
Using a Keda 25amp ESC I have, The motor gives a grunt then speeds up smoothly ? My other CF2805 does the same !
So Its usable with the Keda 25amp ESC and will power the Sopwith Triplane nae bother !
Any Resolvement/Answer on hand on this problem ?

Both motors are new and unused in a model !

My Keda 25amp ESC and SP 18A ESC,drive other motors I have very smoothly.

Phil

A retired electrical tech

Advert

Thanks for the response!

When I connected the  EMAX CF2805 motor to my SP 18A ESC I was taken aback at the noise ...

The motor heat wasn't great, BUT for the length of time it was on it  surprised me.

I only use brushless outrunner motors  and as stated, My "Keda 25amp ESC" and "SP 18A ESC",drive many other brushless outrunner motors I have, very smoothly indeed !

Using Keda 25amp ESC, The motor gives a little grunt then speeds up smoothly ? 

Both of my CF2805's react in the same way !

A  timing or phasing problem would affect my my motors, Surely ! The top combo is a lethal for motor and ESC for sure and I would like to know the answer ?

Regards,

Phil 

A retired electrical tech

Ok Rob, The inertial effect crossed my mind as well, tried minus prop - no joy !

The Keda ESC on 3cells now starts smoothly,  but I can't afford the weight and don't want to use a smaller prop. A 7" prop is needed for the RCME Sopwith Triplane, with 2cell lipo to ease the CoG problem .

At 80 Its tempus fugus, In my working life problem solving was a norm !

Now its time for me to get aquainted with the Triplane.

Regards,

Phil 

Phil

I can recommend THESE if you are in the market for a new 7 gram 12amp ESC.

I use one in 6oz Poppet with a 6X4 on a CF2805 and in the Brigadier in my avatar, which weighs in at 8oz all up with a CF2822 up front and putters around on 20 watts.

At the other end of the scale I have a CF2822 pulling 150 watts through a Keda 25A ESC. I love these motors!

Good luck with the Tripe.

Rob

Ok on all remarks Rob,

Here is a lift off from a site:  "The SP18A ESC is as mentioned else where"- a little rough on start up,-- but is fine once the prop has gone past a very slow tickover.......First bad comment read about the  SP18a ESC.

Fine on the HiModel 'FLY' 12A, The 7 grams is nice but the 12 amp is on the motor limit and I tend to go 50% more to make up for my forgetfulness !

The Fus is finished,The wings are now jigged  and tomorrow the glueing ceremony takes place !               A Sopwith Pup and a SE5A  are in my attic, all flyable but not by me as I don't have a Transit van now .        The grandweans will be noisy though when the tripe wings ! 

Thanks,

Phil