balance or fast charge

rcaddict

as a newbie to the modern world of leccy flight I have charging question (sorry if its been covered before)

given that the model is sitting in the house and Im not rushing out to fly it today, would it be best for the lipo to balance charge or fast charge

what is kindest to these expensive bits of hardware !!

Advert

You should always do a ballance charge at least 1 in 5 and try not to drain them completly flat and land them with about 15% as a safety margen.

I always do a slow and balance charge for the first time at 1/2 or less of the charge C rating and when i have time I do a slow charge as there is no need to stress the batteries if you don't have to

Also if you know you not going to use them for a while charge them to the storage setting on your charger, i find they don't like being stored in a fully charged state.(allright to charge them fully for the next day to use).

and remember to treat them with respect and read up on the hassards of lipolly ie; never charge unatended store in a bag suitable bag or tin and make shore they can not be shorted etc

all in all enjoy!

I set a 1C balance charge every time. I will suffer the slightly extended charge times for the peace of mind.

As you state 'newbie' I will clarify 1C is 1x the battery rating. i.e 1000mA = 1A so a 1000mAh battery gets a 1A balance charge. Likewise 2200mA = 2.2A so a 2200mAh battery gets a 2.2A balance charge. This is irespective of the cell count (2s, 3s, etc).