PC simulator for full-size flying

David perry 1

A friend of mine who has a PPL and wishes to do some sim work to (I imagine) improve his instrument skills is looking for a simulator, throttle panel, foot pedals, the works; Im sure that of you know what I mean you know what I mean.

He will want (I know, coz hes a friend) good visuals, some sounds, twin engines, good performance and the simulations of some decent aeroplanes (king airs, jets, airliners and maybe daft stuff like Steerman etc.

His question is this, what is regarded as the best option these days? When I practiced for IR renewals etc I used FS X I think it was called, throttle block and pedals - all long since sold!

Assume that cash is not short (but lets not go mad, eh?) . What should he get?

David

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

• 11 months later...

Sadly FS is no longer updated with the last being FSX issued on 2006. The latest tweak being FSX:steam edition in Dec 2014. The other version X-Plane is still being upgraded, the latest is X-Plane 11 issued end of 2016, start of 2017.

I only have FSX but I have an older version of X-Plane and will upgrade to the latest sometime in the future but am not in a rush.

Sorry I am a year late for this. 😳

Edited By Keith Simmons on 21/02/2017 11:52:56