Reciver battery not charging

Ian Bagshaw

Ian, It’s certainly very likely the battery needs a little encouragement, (or maybe a bit of a kicking, depending on your point of view!). Recharge it and see if it’s any better, it may indeed take a couple or more cycles. Without knowing any details of the capacity and charge/discharge rate etc. it’s difficult to forecast precise charge/discharge times but it sounds as though it should be better than this.

Not a good idea to fly until you are really certain of the battery, I do know for certain sure this ‘sleepy’ new battery syndrome has resulted in the total demise of at least two brand new aeroplanes; which is why one of the little pieces of advice I’ve advocated for a long time is that all brand new receiver packs are well checked out before any air time because in both cases the batteries later proved to be right up to spec.

Good Luck!

PB

TBH I haven't charged a receiver battery with the supplied battery charger since the turn of the century. My most recent charger is mains or dc operated and you get an indication of how much mAh go in. It will also do a charge/ discharge cycle and can charge all the Li chemistries plus nicads, nimh and lead acid. I think it was about £18 plus a further £2 for a multi outlet charge lead.

FWIW I haven't used nimh batteries of any sort as they can be unpredictable especially toward the end of the capacity, initially I used lipos with an electronic voltage regulator but now I use two cell LiFe batteries unregulated and feel most comfortable with them, prior to that I used nicads.

I wouldn't even bother to fiddle with the battery, if it hasn't charged ask your supplier to replace it or give you credit it just isn't worth the hassle and potential loss.