starting in electric helis

Former Member

Advert

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any advice on the first outdoor electric heli to buy. I started flying just after Christmas and have only indoor/outdoor models that are very difficult to control in the slghtest wind, which is frustrating when you have not enough room indoors. My first heli was an Esky Honeybee which I don't like very much and find difficult to fly (it nearly had my knuckle off once when I picked it up, the remote is so sensitive). I also have an E-Flight Blade CX2 (contra-rotating)which I love and have now got to the stage of running out of battery more often than having to repair after a crash. I'm worried that if I upgrade to something like a TREX I will spend most of my time at the shop getting it re-set up because it will be too complicated for me to do so myself. Grateful of advice, also any clubs in the West Kent area that cater for mature as well as young flyers.

Hey Katrina "Living the childhood I couldn't afford." LOL I m with you on that one!
Try the mini titan by thunder tiger its very stable, flies well outside and cheap for when you need spares. There are lots of cheaper ones out there but it really is well worth spending abit more to get something that will fly well. Dont forget you will need other stuff for it to, Lipo batterys, charger, servos, reciever, gyro and a radio.
If you need any advice feel free to ask on here ok.

Guy's have just bitten the bullet, held my breath... and 'invested' in a TREX 450 V2 which is being completed (built) at my model shop as i didn't trust myself to finish it off. Should have it in a couple of weeks, any tips would be great.

Nice Heli!! lol
my advice would be to buy a flight sim! phoenix is a good one and only about 79 pounds then get in lots practice. just remember that its free to crash on a flight sim!
Also ask them in the shop to show you how to set everything up yourself.
Good luck.

• 6 months later...