Help Hubsan x4 fpv problem

malachy mccafferty

Hi Guys

really new and i mean 2 days new to mini quadcopter flying

I have just bought my son a hubsan fpv x4

all was working dandy in that the transmitter was powering on and the rotors where spinning and some flight was occuring.

However today when i try to bind the transmitter to the copter by connecting the power on the copter, the rotors keep spinning,no flashing lights occur (they used too) and unless i disconnect the power there is a strong smell of burning from the copter.

I have changed the batteries in both the transmitter and copter but nothing helps.

I have went online and followed the instructions to reset the transmitter but this has made no difference.

I feel the issue is with the copter and not the transmitter.

Please is there some gurus out there that can tell me how to fix this issue.

many thanks

mal

Advert

Hi Mal, I have had one of these for a couple of years and I have upgraded or modified some parts too to improve performance, so have some hands on experience with them.

Sadly the 'magic smoke' normally means a catastrophic failure has occurred on the main board and because your motors are spinning as soon as you power up the quad it sounds as though the motor output FET transistors have gone short circuit.

There was a guy on E Bay that offered repairs to the Blade MCP-x helicopter boards, so he might be a good first choice but if he cannot help the only option is to try to find a new board or a complete working secondhand quad.

Barry