Multiplex Shark

Former Member

Advert

Posted by Percy Verance on 13/08/2017 22:06:40:

A friend bought one of these recently at the Elvington show, as a follow on from an Easystar. I'll be assembling it, which certainly won't take long as there isn't much to do at all. I was quite surprised to discover the Shark has an all flying tailplane. It shouldn't present any issues as all the linkages are set-up with the servos in situ

Edited By Percy Verance on 13/08/2017 22:10:12

make sure the tail is level (by eye is good enough) as mine was not and needed adjustment

• 2 weeks later...

I am teaching a guy with a Shark , he got at Weston , with 800s we use 60% in 10 mins , flying at "trainer speed".

It was rudder only , and it handled quite well , Then we went with ailerons , but it needed mixing to get it to handle well , but with the mixing it flew as well as the Easy Star ( with mixing )

BUT there is /was an awful problem if you leave the plane in the sun , the rear of the fuz bends , and bends a lot !!

way way out of true , and you have to let it cool down before flying it !! ( like the tip of the rudder leans over 5 cms !!!

with the twist ) Its obvious so should not catch you out but do keep an eye on the alignment ,

Never had this happen on the easy star, parkmaster fun cub or any other multiplex kit so was a bit disconcerting !!