Anyone in the north Lot-et-Garonne/ Dordogne?

TONYD

Advert

I lived in that area for about 4 months, around 10 years ago, and did a temporary membership with the Bergerac Model Flying Club. Nice bunch, quite a few Brits, in fact the secretary at the time was an expat Brit. Great flying site with a purpose built tarmac runway.

Site is at Saint-Aubin-de-Lanquais about 20 mins from Castillones. If you look on Google Maps satellite view, just south west of St Aubin village you can see the site clearly.

Hi Tony. I am a current member of Bergerac aeromodel club. The website above, I'm afraid, was last updated in 2012 and the new site is down since our AGM in November for fiddling with. The guy you need to contact, the chairman, is still Joel Dasonville as on the website above with his contact number. We have a facebook site :- Bergerac Aeromodeles Marabout Club, if that is any help also. First two visits are freebies, so come along on a Sunday afternoon (more people) you will be warmly welcomed. Flying site is open to members 7 days a week

Hello guys-Thank you for your replies-much appreciated!

Mike -thanks for the information-it's good to have an english contact, as my French is a bit limited!!

Thanks for the website and contact details, I will take a look! Out of interest where are you located? Our place is near Segalas not far from Lauzun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi TONYD sorry for delay in response. in Uk for Christmas. I live in Tremolat near Lalinde. I forgot to say that the club has three flying sites, one near Eymet, one near Le Buisson (gliders) and the third near St. Aubin. I would still suggest that if you wish to visit, then come to St Aubin first, more people and the chairman and treasurer are nearly always there on a Sunday pm. Stars at about 2pm. (after lunch of course). If you give me some dates, I will see if anything special is happening and we can meet up, if you like. Usual organised chaos here, ie. have not yet received calendar for year yet. but will be in touch.