Motor mounts

Im at the stage where I need to fix my Turnigy  C50 outrunner to the firewall of the JP Piper Cub. I bought one of the metal frame jobbies that are adjustable but, by the time I've fitted the prop driver and spinner on the turnigy, I'd have to cut a lot off the adjustable mount I bought for the prop and spinner to be correctly positioned.

So, Im going to save that for another time. What I need are those individual stays (like 4 separate legs) that can be fixed between the 'X' motor mount supplied and the firewall.

Anyone know where I can get these from?

Ta!

Advert

Here are some ideas you may be able to use:

Using some threaded rod, nyloc or double nuts and some metal tube with a bore that will fit over your rod. Cut 4 lengths of threaded rod roughly the right length but long enough to go through the fire wall and engine mount plus length of nuts. Then cut 4 lengths of tube exactly the length of the spacing you need. You can adjust the thrust line by using different length of tube.

Another way to do this is to forget the tube and just use threaded rods with nuts either side of the engine mount and fire wall. The threaded rods could just be long machine screws.

One more question. On something like the Turnigy C50 size motor, what size rod would be needed for the 'X' style motor mount? The ying tong instructions that came with the motor suggested M3 but when I bought some M3 rod, washers and nuts, they were too small in diameter!

Oh well, they'll come in useful for something else!