Mxford USA 1/5 scale Albatros D.Va with ASP120 glo best flight

Advert

Hi again Josip. Thanks for the comment and it has been worth the work as it flies so well - its almost on rails - it goes where you point it. The only regret is the engine I fitted is a very old ASP120 which lacks compression but its good enough for this plane but has also been in four other of my planes as well..

I might refurbish the engine soon because now I know it flies so well it will be worth the extra piece of mind.

I have to say that looking at other videos of this plane flying with electric power on YouTube they just don't seem to fly scale like to me so I am very pleased at the final flying result. This is what makes this hobby so rewarding...

Regards Peter

Hi Peter,

Nice video there - and great first flight. I have one of these still in the box and read that the supplied spinner won't take IC engines - I think you have proved otherwise. I was considering electric but as I have a 120 fs spare and seeing yours fly I think I will stick to IC....

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob. As you have the same kit you need to look at the four videos I made about the IC conversion under the scale   RTF section as there is a lot to do. Regarding the vac formed spinner - you need to make it out of fibreglass else the vac formed rubbish spinner that’s supplied will split on your first nose over which is why Maxford are always out of stock of them and they are often on back order... The four videos I made were because Maxford themselves had no idea how to install an IC engine - when you view the videos which are all short you will see what I mean but it’s well worth the effort.

Regards Peter

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 03/06/2018 21:18:57