Emax esc programming.

Hi Everyone,

A real newbie here. Hope i'm posting in the right forum!.

I have an Emax 35A esc, and have just bought an Emax programme card off Ebay, in the hope of altering some settings. However on connecting up (everything connected as per instructions), er.............not a lot happens!. No lights on programme card, or anything else. I have read something about different types of Emax esc's (new and old???). and the programmer not working with one type, but will work with the other.

Have I got the wrong programme card?, or is it possibly knacked?. For what it cost, i'm happy to bin it, but if I have the wrong one, what would be the right one?.

Hope someone reading this may have had the same problem, and can point me in the right direction. Not sure whether this helps, but my Emax esc, has 2 capacitors poking out the end. Please don't ask me for the colour of the circuit board (Have seen discussions on different colours!), as it is very deeply buried in my model. and is a bit of a nightmare to extract!.

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Advert

Hi,

From my limited knowledge, and unfortunate experience.... 

There are 2 different types of Emax ESC. I think the original type, which works with the programme card was made by Hobby Wing and badged as Emax.

These ESC's are very good and very easy to programme. I have two at 25 Amps and ! at 60 Amps.

Emax got a different type of ESC, looks the same and didn't mention it !

This does not work with the programme card, nor can it be programmed via the throttle stick.... believe me I tried !

Contacting Giant Cod, from where I bought the ESC, he was not happy, having found out the ESC's he had just got in where different to what he thought he was getting. He kindly exchanged the ESC as it was not as advertised and couldn't be programmed as described.

The ESC worked well, it just couldn't be programmed (although there may be a different card available for it).

The above is assuming that the programming card,ESC and battery are all connected up correctly. 

Hope this helps,

Reg