Receiver/Servo battery supplies

David Rivers

Posted by Nigel R on 12/10/2018 12:53:07:

Rich, am I right in thinking that Tech Aero BEC generates a CDI power output from the RX's aux channel? Which allows the aux to be set up as a kill switch?

I guess you use some other mechanism to feed the two batteries fed into the RX (whatever that is) - seems quite a neat answer.

You just plug the two batteries into the rx you need no more complications and as for the device from tec areo the one to use is the ultra ibec 4 stage filtering and voltage regulator to suit ignition type this devise also turns on or off your ignition via your RX.

Don't confuse the ultra ibec with the other items/regulator+switches they make

Edited By flight1 on 12/10/2018 14:55:37

Advert

Nigel

When you say that NiHm are not suitable to parallel and that some circuitry is required between then. Would you consider a diode connected to each of the packs sufficient? The packs would still be in parallel but if one failed or shorted etc then the other battery would not be affected due to the blocking diode. I have looked at the power boards sold by 4max and they do just put two batteries in parallel. In the write up they say that the batteries should be the same type and voltage and equally charged etc. I think the more expensive power box systems one are a bit cleverer though.

David yes a diode is sufficient.

Nimh have a failure mode where parallel connecting can result in a positive feedback. It is not recommended practice by cell manufacturers.

Lipos are fine to connect in parallel. However that does not afford much protection against failures except for a cell going open circuit or a break in wiring.

Posted by Nigel R on 12/10/2018 12:53:07:

Rich, am I right in thinking that Tech Aero BEC generates a CDI power output from the RX's aux channel? Which allows the aux to be set up as a kill switch?

I guess you use some other mechanism to feed the two batteries fed into the RX (whatever that is) - seems quite a neat answer.

Yes, as flight1 confirmed. It is a simple and reliable system. 👍