KLM PH-LKJ - Walkers Westway Models Super Constellation Flying Dutchman Model

Jay Groom

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KLM-PH-LKJ-Walkers-Westway-Models-Super-Constellation-Flying-Dutchman-Model/183633069990#shpCntId  

Vintage Desk or Display Model of The Flying Dutchman complete with stand. 

This auction is for a rare, vintage metal desk or display model of KLM's Flying Dutchman Super Constellation Airplane. From the research I have done, this is a KLM Super Constellation. The Super Constellations had their first commercial flight in 1951. The plane has a sticker on the bottom stating that the model is made by Walkers Westway Models. If you go online, there is one very similar in a museum also made by Walkers Westway Models in the London Science Museum. The plane is very heavy. I think this is stainless steal, but I’m not sure.

The total wing span is 30 inches

The length of the whole model is 27 inches

As the pictures show, this is a KLM PH-LKJ Model Plane. This piece is in good condition for its age, as you can see from the photos. 

I am open to sensible offers if no sensible offers I will let the auction run from 99p onwards

Postage cost would be £50 because I would need to buy packing items to transport it properly, would prefer free collection in person.

Edited By Jay Groom on 12/01/2019 11:52:35