VMAR Arrow tiger

cameramanpilot

Well after a long wait I finally got another Arrow Tiger.... Its been over a years wait, the ship must have toured the World before the container made it to the Uk.

Anyway. I started the build and it was real easy - perhaps three Evenings work and its ready for flight.. On my kit the silver on the wheel struts were not great and tarnished but hey, its a really nice kit.. If only VMAR would make the wing and the kit of better wood and better covering it would last for years...

That being said, it was great to get the kit and I am really looking forward to flying it again.  Vmar could make the U/C stronger as if I remember it is slightly too far back near the C of G and I have seen many an Arrow tip its nose on throttle up on the runway.. I bent it slightly fwd in a vice before fitting so it should be fine for take off..

I had to put weight in the nose and there is not much room over or under the tank as it can push the weak plastic base out  or crack it, which has been a problem on previous Arrows.. Also watch the Elevator and rudder does not lock on a hard rudder and elevator move such  as if you were doing a spin.. I lost two previous Arrows on a spin as I did not notice this could happen.. I corrected this on this one... Don't know why  the designer has not seen this slight problem when building and test flying.

I would pay extra to get this made stronger as its a beautiful plane to see in the air and if the beefed up the wings, U/C and better covering it would get into the Chris Foss Acro Wot length of service of many many years of club use.

Pity VMAR don't cover it in other colours as it has the look of a fast military aircraft and I once recovered one in a black RAF XV scheme and it looked brilliant..

Cameraman pilot Aircraft 

Advert