Seagull I-Sport 60

I'm into my second one of these, first one bit the dust because I had a Frisky faast compatible Rx installed, worked fine with a futaba cg 10 tx but first flight with the new 14 sg disaster. Like many artfs it simply became desiccated upon impact.

I had to drive a long way to pick this one up, but it was worth it.

My first one had a laser 80 up front and required about 20 gms of weight at the tail to make it manageable, this one has an OS 61 Fx that I've had for years and has been barely run.

I fitted it with a 14x6 apc lookalike and it flew really well, today I tried a Graupner grey 12x7 and couldn't believe that it didn't pull as well so I landed and replaced it with the 14x6, the engine is soooo quiet even at full throttle and is so reliable I really enjoy flying it. i've done in excess of 10 flights to date and as soon as I've bought some more 15% I'll get some more stick time in.

It turns out that rolls are a bit sluggish so I'll start moving some weight off the front and the rudder feels inadequate, it doesn't spin easily and neither does it do a stall turn really well. I hope the C of G adjustment rearwards will improve this.

My view a great model, if you can get one it's really good if a little flimsy round the edges.

• 1 month later...

The next time out wasn't so successful, came down in the long grass and swiped the u/c off, replaced the alloy plate one with a pair of torsion bar 6SWG bent wire ones, long grass broke the wheel this time so I did an on field repair, there was a nose leg in the club shed so I fettled the wheel off that to fit, looked a bit odd, a 2.5" wheel one side with a 3.75" wheel on tother, didn't fly it again though wind was up to gale force but I taxi-ed it and did a spruce goose hop, didn't really mean to it's just the wind was that strong it just took off embarrassed, pulled the throttle back and she sank down onto the turf.

I've got to mention the os 61 fx, what an engine it's so reliable, prime it and one back flip and it's running. I can't believe I've let it languish for the best part of 10 years whilst I fiddled with Irvines and petrol engines.