Episcope Cards

Martin_K

While considering aircraft that could be the subject for a scale model I remembered from childhood having cards showing silhouettes of 'planes for recognition in the air. They were still tucked away in a drawer. This is the first time I have studied them as an adult.

For each aircraft there are three cards. Basic information on one face. On the reverse face, one per card, front elevation, side elevation, and underside plan view.

Index for the card pack

Many are missing from my pack. Most of the foreign aircraft cards are lost and for some others I only have one or two of the three views.

I have scanned three examples, selected on the basis of which model market segment they fit into, a high wing, a low wing, and a twin engine. All are distinctive and out of the mainstream.

For anyone who has not seen R.O.C. Episcope Cards before, look out for them, for fun and as reference material.

Auster 6

Prentice T Mk. 1
My attempt in another thread to generate interest in a Percival Aircraft Gull did not get far. This Percival 'plane, the Prentice even has winglets, of a sort.

Anson 19

Advert