Hi, I have built many eaglets and find it 1 of the most stable rubber jobs ever (my opinion) I have decided to build one scaled 1.5 times with rudder and elevator.

std size dihedral is 7.5 Deg 1 1/2 inch at tip.

my size will have 2 1/4 inch at tips.

Q do I drop the dihedral angle to std size eaglet 1 1/2 inch thereby reducing the 7.5 deg or leave it?

theres a small oily going up front. any suggestions appreciated

keith

Advert

If you want "guided radio assist", then I would leave the dihedral as per the original FF design.

However, those who want to fly with full RC authority (with a KK Eaglet!) and who want RC "Sport" flying will be muttering about dutch roll, etc. and will want to reduce the dihedral as you suggest... Your choice...

Edit: I assume that you're aware of the excellent 2x size version that already exists:
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=6798

Edited By brokenenglish on 17/05/2020 08:39:10

ok cheers broken english, wasnt aware of that 2x but i think would be too big for 049. anyway plans done now. my rubber power ones were excellent fliers and seem to float away when power went, summer flying was brilliant with thermals and i actually lost1, flew forever. so what i was aiming at was free flight under power and then just lying back and letting it soar to its heart content with a little help from me.

will take a look at outerzone to see if i have designed rudder/elevator correct and see if there are any design differences

cheers keith