into the unknown

after many years of oily planes followed by the leccys, decided i have wasted and ignored the amazing hills and coastline around here,so. a gliding we shall go.

I have almost finished the fuse (late 1940s type from a couple of old pics and a small outline drawing)so not very scale but looks a bit like it.

Now for the wing about and this is where all you glider guys can help, its about 96" span and 10.5" constant cord except for 2-3 ribs either end which tapers of to a rounded tip. I think i will go with a flat bottom renalds as opposed to anything to tec simply for ease of building so would you build washout into a wing of this type or not .

ps i was born about the same time as the beast so looking for a fairly steady eddy......

Hi Trevor

It's a great aspect to the hobby, both slope soaring and field flying which I've done a little of around Sussex.

Btw in terms of steady eddy, the last new slope soarer I came across, and who'd walked up the hill, was 80.

Marc