FF9 - no RF output......!!!!

JohnnyB

Hiya Guy's, its JB confused.com again.....

Well, I've finally installed all my servo's into my UnoWot and decided to test the system out. Initially, I had problems with the Tx and Rx batteries, but these have been replaced with new, and fully charged.

So, with the new batteries all connected I switched on. I should explain that I'm using Futaba FF9 with the synthesized RF module firmly clicked into place The receiver frequency is 35.160 mhz and this has been dialed into the RF module. But here seems to be the problem.

On the module, there's 2 rotary dials set with a little plastic screw driver. First digit X10 is set to 1. The second dial X1 is set to 6. But on these settings I get no RF output.....!!! If I reverse the settings ie 1st dial X10 to 6 and 2nd dial X1 to 1, I do get an RF output. Even though I do get an RF output, I get no servo movement.....

On the RF module, there's also a little slider but no instructions as to its purpose.

The aerial has been checked and is firmly screwed in tight, and the Tx is on PCM.

Once again my confidence has been dented. I really hope someone can help.

John

Brian,

Thankyou so much for putting me straight on that one. I really think that if there was a 'Wally O f The Week' award on this forum, then I would certainly rightfully claim it this week...........

Everything is now working fine, and I really appreciate your response.

Cheers, Brian.

John.

PS - keep this just between ourselves, but I've also just noticed what the slider  above the dials does too. It simply closes off the two dials and protects the settings Sometimes I feel such a twit!!!!