Mini Pred set-up

David Germany

I have aquired a second hand Art-Tech Mini Pred Helicopter which I understand has never flown, but has crashed !. I have replaced the main blades,boom, main gear, boom supports and tail rotor servo. I have run up the motor but have been unable to get the model to lift off into a stable hover, either the heli spins madly on the floor, or it lifts off and starts to bank over to one side, I have no details as to how to set up the rotor head / tail rotors and I'm sure that there must be a logical sequence to follow for this.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Advert

Hi David

I can try to point you in the right derection, as this is the basic set up needed to get you started and in to a low hover, If you first look at the swash plate in the midel of the heli on the main shaft this is the thing that is conected to the servos, start by disconeting the motor so you can have the radio on and move all the controls in safty, now put the heli at eye level on a flat surfas with all the sticks on the tx at nutral, the swash plate should be level in all derections and square to the shaft in all derections, the throtle stick should then be able to be moved up and down, and all servos should move at the same time to gether, now check the tail servo this should be set so it has equal movement on the servo arm, and the tail blades should be in the nutral and flat possision when the ruder stick is in the midele, this is only the very basic things to look for, and we may need to try other thigs to solve your problems but try this first, and take it very slow and be very slow in your progress, and you will get there in the end.

happy setup Owen.  

Hi Owen

Have levelled the swash plate in both directions , when you say all sticks at neutral does that mean the throttle stick in the lowest (off) position, or at mid travel. Also there seems to be a problem with the tail servo which has more travel in one direction than the other (with the pushrod removed), also it does not appear to centre correctly or smoothly. This is a new digital servo that I have replaced. I tried another servo on this chanel and the problem remains, could this be a rx problem?.

Hope to try another hover tomorrow.

David

David,

Change the gyro and make sure you don't have any sub trim on the tail servo, I had similar problems with mine until i realised the gyro was the problem, changed it problem sorted. Also check that none of the servo gear are damaged as I crashed mine and after repairing it, it would not take off, turned out a gear was broken on the collective servo.

Thanks YakMad

Will check out the servos. I'm sure the problem is at the tail end. The Tx that comes with the Mini Pred does not appear to have sub-trim adjustment as far as I can see, although the symptoms would suggest that this is part of the problem, ie more servo travel in one direction than the other. Maybe I'll try the servo on my DX6i to see what happens.

David