DL 50 engine

MARTIN PEARSON

Advert

Hi Martin,

Any exhaust that fits a DA will fit the DL .

To get them quieter, you will probably have to use a pipe or can which costs.

I use slimeline muffler on my Area 51, did improve a bit but it needs more work. I've just got hold of a pipe and can from China ,hopefully it will do the trick .

what prop are you using..??What size and make..??

Paul

Hi paul ,

Thanks for your reply, i am using the recommended break in prop 22-8 i chose a menz to start with but will try others, i wonder if the stock muffler could be modified in any way,they used to use wire wool in the good old days ive been told (lol) the large hole used to tighten the bolts cant help with the noise issue also, there's probably something which will fit off another engine as well,just engines have something to fit off a brison i think but thats 85 pounds,let me know how you go on with your pipe from china paul,if anyone out there has something witch is surpluss to them please let me know

Martin

Hopefully weather permitting we will be doing some sound tests tomorrow on Area 51's .

using Biella 22x8

Mejzlik 23x8

Vess 22 A

Vess 23A

graupner sonic 22x8 22x10

One with slimeline muffler, and one custom built by Weston UK  i'll post results if we get the weather on our side.

Paul.