Hello

Provost

Hi to all,

Just signing in after meeting up with a few of you on the Orme last sunday. I don't remember names very well but I was given a link by Timbo. I was the one behind the camera and with the prototype Black Backed Gull.

I have been flying models since 2003 and some of you will have met me with 'The Brothers' and our wings. I have  a number of semi scale slope soarers including a 2.5m ASW28, Groupner Ka8b, Cambrian Fauvette, West Wings Skylark 1 and wildthings 46 and 60. I fly usually on The Orme but also on white sheets hill in Wiltshire. I am a country member of the BMFA and of White Sheets Hill and recently have joined Rhyl and District MFC

I have a limited experience in full size gliders but I am not a pilot. I am also interested in flight sims and fly regularly with RAF662.com. My name is Guy Brooke and I am currently seeking to relocate to Llandudno.

And the Gull?  Well due to a combination of balance issues,  poor flying skills (slow reactions) and flying through the low sun for a second time., JLS hit the ,very solid, limestone on the lip of the gully and ruptured his belly. Fortunately the wings are intact and he will fly again soon. The greatest hurdle to achieving this design  is proving to be the pilot! 

Advert

Hi Guy, and welcome aboard our friendly forum. Nice to see you again up the Orme last Sunday, and sorry to hear that JLS pecked the rocks again - your perseverance will will be rewarded I am sure.

Thanks for the photos, I have posted them in another thread here, which I am sure you have found by now...but if not here it is. Have fun on board, and see you again up the Orme soon ( I am going later this morning for a couple of hours with Richard Bond ) and hope to have few sessions next week - the weekend weather looks promising for the BIg Rock as I affectionately call it.

Dont forget to read the forum "how tos and tips "