Jersey Javelin R/C conversion

A few years ago my brother in law gave me a very old and slightly battered plan for a Jersey Javelin than he had acquired from his cousin.  Now, this is a design I’d never come across before and it certainly looked a bit different from the usual high wing cabin monoplanes of the era.
From what I can gather the original design concept dates back to 1939, but this evolved into the plan that I have in the 1940’s.  In its day it was considered a high performance free flight contest model, which partly explains it’s rather unusual appearance as Walt Schroder, the designer, tried to reduce the drag of an undercarriage that was required at the time.
Anyway, I quickly realised that there were a few minor details missing from the plan, such as wing tip ribs and former shapes, so I consigned it to my stash of plans to look at again at some time in the future.
Fast forward, and that time has finally arrived. I’d never quite forgotten about this quirky design and I now found that there was another version of this plan available on Outer Zone https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=9487.  Although it isn’t quite the same as the plan I’ve got, it is similar enough for me to fill in the missing details.
My local club field isn’t suitable for free flight models so I thought I would convert it to radio with rudder, elevator and throttle control.  I will also replace the suggested Bantam 0.199 spark ignition engine with a brushless outrunner.  
I can see a number of reasons why this isn’t a very good choice for converting to R/C.  However, the quirky looks quite appeal to me, and anyway I like a challenge!
As the last few models I’ve built have been mainly foam board construction I was beginning to suffer withdrawal symptoms from traditional building, so as you can see from the photo’s I’ve now made a start. 
The first thing that’s became apparent is that both plans are inaccurate in a number of areas, with dimensional difference between side and plan views in places.  The centre section also looks impossible to build exactly as shown, so I’ve gone my own way with that while trying to preserve the original appearance.  I suspect there may well be other issues as the build continues.
I know it’s a bit of a longshot, but I wondered if anyone else in Model Flying forum land has any experience with this design, and if so is there anything in particular to watch out for?

IMG_20240125_113933878.thumb.jpg.89e8cc3d632dd6afe2cc56b5bdd71e14.jpg

IMG_20240130_180645146.thumb.jpg.a227d687b88a4df9b4eb4e0b69924d81.jpg