Servo's and becs

joshua jones

Can i ask of peoples experiences with Esky servo's in particular the new 8g digi's like those in my Belt CP i tink they are right at there limit and they seem to buzz ore thenothers i have come accross which we all know is not a good thing i will change mine out for some hitec 65 MG's as soon as funds alllow but am still interested nin your experiences.

And also the Esky Esc i not worth even buying which i didnt thankfully i have a Hobby wing 30A which i have been using however due to my concerns over the servos and current draw  ive ordered a 40A which has a swicth mode bec and 1A extra although this gives more protection i am strogly considering using a opto Esc and seperate regulator and lipo to power the electrics but have concerns over weight i am confident that the belt will cope in terms of lift but its the CG im worried about i am only beginning to learn helis but have noticed that the belt could in my opinion do with some extra weight up front any way but at the same time i dont wish to make learning harder than it allready is so any advice would be ver very helpfull.

Many
Thanks
Josh

Advert

Hi Josh
Its not a good idear to add more weight to a heli to make the c of g right. its better to move things around like the lipo, as any extra weight will push up the current draw, and if you do that you will need a higher copasity esc, whitch in turn will be heaver, you need to keep every thing as lite as you can, so no more than 30 amp on the esc for this size of heli, and keep the lipo the same as they makers recomend, as this will give you good flyt times.
happy hovering Owen. 

Hi Josh
Its not a good idear to add more weight to a heli to make the c of g right. its better to move things around like the lipo, as any extra weight will push up the current draw, and if you do that you will need a higher copasity esc, whitch in turn will be heaver, you need to keep every thing as lite as you can, so no more than 30 amp on the esc for this size of heli, and keep the lipo the same as they makers recomend, as this will give you good flyt times.
happy hovering Owen. 

Owen,
Thanks for the reply there i have taken that into account, adding extras is not ideal as you rightly point out. But the Belt CP is surprisingly tail heavy and is really the only fault i can pick. The problem is i already have every thing in front of or as close to the main shaft as is pysically possible i wouldnt use the recomended batteries as there Esky onse and quite honestly for the price theres far better around at present i have 3 2100mah and one 2500 mah flight powers and 1 2200 tornado lipos that i use even with the 2500 mah up front and pushed as far forward as the canopy will allow its still tail heavy!! But i have changed my thoughts of using a reg and small rx lipo as for one its terrible over kill

So instead what im going to try is, A T-rex cannopy as ive been told they offer more room at the nose for the lipo, and instead of adding i plan to take weight away ie carbon tail boom and blades carbon fins untill then i will add "lightening holes" to the stock ones (allthough need to establish there function first, see my other thread)  change tail servo for something lighter have a Hitec 82MG on now thats quite heavy i want a fast digi in its place i have 3 HS 65HB servos for the cyclic  which will add a few grams in front of the main shaft as well but these babys are staying in there boxs till i stop crashing or strip the existing ones
I've also just ordered some align blades it wont effect the CG but ive heard there much better and for only £1.80 over the stock  Esky ones who wouldn't.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this new "plan of attack"  Owen.
Josh